Job title: Agile Technical Coach
Job Description: The candidate for the position of Agile Coach will be responsible for coaching and mentoring all aspects of our agile implementation including, but not limited to, agile teamS, Scrum Masters, Product Owners and executives. The Agile Coach will emphasize agile principles, XP practices and frameworks to enable teams to deliver high value business capabilities. The coach candidate should embrace servant leadership and display behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with being agile. The Agile Coach will serve as a subject matter expert on Agile execution frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc) as well development methods needed for teams to deliver software in iterations. The candidate must possess software development technical experience and the ability to train, mentor and coach on all agile engineering practices (with an emphasis on XP & TDD). The Agile Coach must also be able to collaborate with key agile resources to develop changes to the agile application development practices used by various areas and in IT & Shared Services with the focus on improving delivery for our various business areas.
Main Responsibility areas:
- Coach, Facilitate, mentor and train Scrum and Kanban teams comprised of on-shore and off-shore / distributed resources to follow the models implemented.
- Conduct feasibility studies on a comprehensive test plans, driving the automation strategy.
- Coach and mentor individuals and teams to discover and implement improved ways of collaborating and developing into high-performing, self-organizing, agile teams.
- Develop and deliver training, mentoring and coaching around agile engineering practices and techniques such as XP, TDD, ATDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing, collective code ownership, pair/mob programming and DevOps
- *Design and developmental principles and languages (Vertical Stories, Simple design, Common codebase, Angular, SOLR, Database & scripting)
- *Professional software development behavior (pair programming, continuous integration, clean code and refactoring)
- *Legacy Code Refactoring – Coach teams to safely refactor dirty code
- Proactively identify bottlenecks, impediments and issues and guide agile teams to quickly remove areas of inefficiency and waste.
- Coach and mentor on collaboration, iterative development, managing flow, limiting work in progress, agile mindset and framework practices in teams.
- Assess team and organization maturity and coach same to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and appropriate for the team and organization.
- Facilitates discussion, decision making and conflict resolution as it arises and proactively guide the team.
- Facilitates learning in a trusting environment by way of individual sessions, lunch and learns, group workshops, onsites/offsites, etc. with an emphasis on problem solving in timely manner.
- Frequently interact with a diverse group of executives, release managers, technology and business sponsors.
Remains informed about industry trends and best practices concerning agile methodologies and advances those practices in the organization.
- Candidates should have a technical understanding of the tools used to perform the infrastructure provisioning and application deployments needed to support an Agile approach. They should be able to convey to the business areas how these tools can be used to help decrease the time it takes to deliver business solutions.
Education: Any Graduate – Any Specialization| Any Postgraduate – Any Specialization
Experience: 9-13 Years
Key skills / Other skills
- 5+ years of experience coaching agile frameworks (i.e. Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc)
- 7-10 years of application development experience in varying technologies
- Hands-on training, mentoring and coaching experience with agile engineering practices and techniques such as XP, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Automated Testing
- Experience working with all levels of an organization on an enterprise Agile Transformation program.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel and clients.
- Ability to collaborate with other coaches and teams in order to build Shores agile delivery capabilities.
- Knowledge and use of industry accepted Software Development methodology.
Certifications: Not Required
Shift Timings: 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruite
Industry: IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software – Application Programming , Maintenance
Role Category: Project Management
Role: Project Manager-IT/Software
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time