Shore Group Associates LLC (“Shore”, “us” and “we”) has collected certain publicly available information about you such as business contact information (e.g. name, business email address, role and business telephone number) (“Personal Data”) from public sources as described below. We have collected this data for the purpose of either:
- including it within Shore’s database resource of contacts in the capital markets community (the “Database”).
Shore’s Database is an important and widely used tool that is used, along with the Data Services, to facilitate relevant business communications and information exchanges among capital markets professionals. We recognize the need to treat your Personal Data in accordance with privacy and data protection laws and the purpose of this policy is to make you aware of how we use and protect your Personal Data.
Shore’s Database allows our clients (being e.g. investors, capital markets professionals and related professionals) to work more efficiently in the market by helping to identify the appropriate recipients to receive information in connection with a particular opportunity. Click here to learn more about Shore and its services.
Founded in 2006, Shore Group Associates LLC is a financial services data-solutions firm, headquartered in New York City. We work with some of the largest, most respected companies in the financial services industry, providing custom, high-end data solutions, as well as new products & services that are unrelated to the Database.
Collection and Use of Personal Data
The Personal Data contained within Shore’s Database relates to individuals in the capital markets community (“Capital Markets Participants”). We have a legitimate interest in collecting this Personal Data in providing our service to our clients such as investors and capital market professionals. Our data may be independently collected by the Shore research department from public sources (including content made public on professional network websites, corporate websites, and public regulatory filings and public news sources) or gathered by direct enquiries made to companies.
The kinds of Personal Data we collect include:
- your name;
- your business email address;
- your role within the company;
- your business postal address;
- your business telephone number;
- publicly available information relating to employment terms; and
- committee associations where you are a director of a public company.
We are careful to collect only the above listed Personal Data and to review and verify all Personal Data we collect from our sources. We check that the Personal Data we have gathered is accurate and up to date manually or by using software to index the most up to date information. We also obtain Personal Data from the contact’s employer company website and from conversations with the contact or others at the contact’s employer company. Your Personal Data may therefore be stored within our Database.
We process the Personal Data to add to our Database of Capital Markets Participants, and to market such Database to clients who license Shore’s products and services, including the Database itself. The primary purpose of the Database is to provide to Shore’s clients an accurate resource to key Capital Markets Participants, which they may use to facilitate relevant business to business communications and information exchanges with such contacts (see “Information Sharing” below) and for marketing of Shore products and services (see “Marketing” below).
Period for which your Personal Data will be stored
Should you opt for your contact details to be removed from our Database, your business email address and business phone number will be removed from further communications and will no longer appear on our external Database. We will, however, keep a note on file of the fact that you have opted out of communications to ensure that your contact details are not re-inserted into our Database.
Upon receiving your request for your contact details to be removed from the Database, we will contact the clients in whose databases you appear and request that they delete your contact details.
You may have certain rights relating to your Personal Data provided for under applicable law:
- to request access to your Personal Data. You can request a copy of your Personal Data via the Contact Us button below;
- to request that your Personal Data is rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete or to amend the data yourself via the Contact Us button below;
- to object to, or request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances;
- to receive your Personal Data collected by us as a controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in certain circumstances;
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- if we use your personal data on the basis of having a legitimate interest, you can object to our use of it for those purposes, giving an explanation of your particular situation, and we will consider your objection; and
- to object to, and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, which produces legal effects or significantly affects you.
If you would like to access to your Personal Data, or to edit or correct your Personal Data or require more information on exercising any of the rights set out above, please click the Contact Us button below.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer where your request is particularly complex, in such cases, we will keep you updated of timescales. Such requests will be responded to free of charge, but a small administration fee may apply where requests are excessive.
We are an ISO compliant company and have put in place safeguards to prevent your Personal Data from being lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your Personal Data to those employees, agents or contractors who have a business need to know and to clients who have purchased access to the Database.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data breach and will notify you and any applicable authority of a breach in line with our legal obligations.